This ruin was once the monastery of the Premonstratensians or “White Canons”. It can be found in the village of Talley, in the River Cothi valley, in Carmarthenshire, Wales. The monastery was founded by Rhys ap Gruffydd in or about 1185 for the Premonstratensians who came to England from Prémontré near Laon in northern France in about 1143. It was dissolved by Henry VIII during the dissolution. The two lakes near the abbey ruins were used for fish farming to support the community of monks and are where the village gets its name, Tàl-y-llychau which means “the head of the lakes”.